Our focus is on providing excellent childcare with the best educational resources, experienced teachers and a beautiful environment to challenge and stimulate your child. We believe children learn through play, by being emersed in an environment which is rich in opportunities for learning, experimenting and making discoveries.
As teachers, we have a role of facilitator, guide and supporter. We believe it is our role to empower children, to foster their efforts and celebrate their contributions.
By giving children responsibility for their own work, and supporting their efforts along the way, we are building children’s self-esteem, confidence and belief in their abilities.
At Sunbeams Kindergarten we are guided by the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum Te Whariki.
Through a process of assessment, planning and evaluation and information sharing with parents and whanau, we are able to implement a collaborative learning programme that is in-depth and relevant.
Need more information?
Get in touch today
Our childcare programme is specially designed for 2 to 6-year-olds and caters for their different stages of development.
We provide a stimulating, challenging, well-resourced environment for learning in all areas of the curriculum.
Maths, Language, Science, Arts, Social Science, Technology and Health.
This includes opportunities for:
- In-depth enquiry, including research.
- Long term art projects.
- Literacy; books, story telling, letter and word games, develop writing/drawing skills
- Maths; learning about geometry, colours, counting, seriation, numerals, classification
- In-depth exploration: science and the world around us.
- Transition to school skills – learn to be independent, to question and listen, develop social competence.